Monday, February 20, 2012

Meal Plan Monday



Here's a look at what's on the menu at our house for the coming week. As usual, I deviated a bit from last week's plan, which means a few meals will be rolling over to this week. The menu seems a bit heavy on the Mexican/Southwest food, but with all of the meals offering very different flavors, I just don't care. :)

Weekly Meal Plan


Tofu Stir Fry - This was Sunday's meal. Simply used up veggies that were still in the fridge and marinated and pan fried tofu, which you can buy at Harris Teeter for $0.19/pack during Super Doubles using this printable coupon (click accept the pledge).

Curried Tilapia with Mango - The spices and fish are already in the house. I'll pick up either fresh or frozen mango, depending on price and selection. Mangos are on sale at Kroger for $1.00. They're usually $0.99 at Aldi.

Crock Pot Carnitas Tacos - During my second HT Super Doubles trip, I made a visit to the meat department, where I found a pork roast, nearing its sell by date and marked WAY down. Perfect for picking up and putting in the freezer. I'll thaw it in the fridge and use it later this week to make the carnitas. The recipe comes from Allrecipes and falls in my easy peasy category. Rub on a few spices, add a little broth, toss it in the crock pock, and forget about it.

Cajun Chicken Pasta - Another Allrecipes find. Instead of cutting up and cooking chicken breasts, I'll be buying a rotisserie chicken. I'll use half for this recipe and the rest fro the Tortilla Soup below. I have bell peppers in the freezer, an Aldi steal at $0.60/pepper, but I'll need to pick up cream.

Chicken Tortilla Soup (crock pot) - I found this recipe through Pinterest and have tried it once before. It calls for enchilada sauce, and last time I made my own. I think I'll do the same this time around, using this recipe (up the spices and use fresh garlic).

Falafel Pitas - Yup, this recipe is rolling over for the third week. Still haven't made it.

Easy Weekend/Substitute Meal Ideas (if we don't eat out) - pasta with sauce from freezer, crustless quiche (The Chew tells me that quiche can be made out of just about whatever's left in your fridge, as long as you use the same base recipe of 5 eggs and 1/2 cup milk)

Reader Response: What's for dinner at your house this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment