Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Harris Teeter Super Doubles (week of 2/15) - Trip 1

Though there's still time for redemption, this round of Harris Teeter Super Doubles is shaping up, at least in my book, to be the least impressive since I began couponing last summer. The freebies are few and some of the better deals just don't fit my cooking style and eating habits.

I did make a morning trip to HT, though. There was no way I could completely ignore the sale. On my way into the store, I dropped by the pharmacy to transfer a prescription for Alex. With a $20 store credit added to my vic card, I could buy a few more expensive items and still keep my out of pocket very low. I worked a few coupon deals, stocking up on a few healthy treats, and used the rest of the pharmacy credit to pick up items we needed in the house, like milk and baby cereal.

After store card, coupons, and my $20 credit, I spent $1.79 + tax for the items pictured. I saved $53.42, a 97% savings. You will find coupon matchups on this previous post.


Freebies and Nearly Freebie Items - Not many for a Super Doubles Trip


I bought:

1 four pack Activia Yogurt - FREE + $0.41 overage
1 Crunchmaster Crackers - FREE
2 Turkey Hill Ice Tea - FREE (had coupons from contacting company with a compliment)
2 Nasoya Tofu  $0.19 each
1 International Delight Creamer - $0.49
2 Smithfield Bacon - $1.50 each
2 Blue Diamond Almonds - $1.59 each
2 Emerald Breakfast on the Go - $1.59 each
1 HT Shredded Cheese - $2.00
1 Gallon Skim Milk - $3.79
1 bag frozen peaches (the baby LOVES him some peaches - so much easier than ripening) - $3.99
1 Gerber Infant Cereal - $2.25

Even though I paid next to nothing for this pile of food, I'm not exactly happy with the Super Doubles trip and feel like my $20 credit could have been better saved for a later date. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

Reader Response: Did you make a trip to Harris Teeter for Super Doubles? What were your best deals?

Click below to share a link to your shopping trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment