Saturday, February 11, 2012

Linky Followers Blog Hop

Photobucket


As you may have heard, possibly once before on this site :), Google Friend Connect, which is a tool that allows readers to stay updated with their favorite blogs, will be phasing out as of February 29th.

Linky Followers is a new, FREE tool, which serves the same purpose as GFC, with some fun new features thrown in. It is one way for bloggers and readers to stay connected. Bloggers, you don't want to lose all of those hard earned followers come the end of February! 

Since the launch of Linky Followers, I have noticed a number of blog hop parties, which encourage readers and bloggers to visit new blogs and become followers using Linky Follwers. While I've seen parties full of DIY and cooking blogs, I have yet to see one focused on couponing and frugal living blogs. 

While all blogs and bloggers are welcome to this party, I would like to extend a special invite to my fellow money saving bloggers!

How can you participate?

  • If you haven't already, add the Linky Followers tool to your blog or website.
  • Add your blog address to the linky party found below.
  • Visit sites, take a look around, and become Linky Followers of as many as you'd like.
  • As a thank you, consider following the blog on which you found the blog hop party. 
  • If you'd like to post the blog hop on your own site, copy the blog hop code, found below, and add it to a blog post.
  • Grab the code for the blog hop party button from Allison's Durham Deals. Add it to your party hop post.

Blog Hop Code:
 <script src="http://www.linkytools.com/thumbnail_linky_include.aspx?id=130828" type="text/javascript"></script>


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up, ladies! I'm not sure if this blog hop will take off or not, but I thought it would be nice to have one to gather money saving bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads-up on Linky Followers! I added it to my blog. Good luck on this new blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! This might have been a bit of an ambitious undertaking for a little blog like mine. I've been seeing a number of hops promoting Linky Followers for other types of blogs, so I thought, why not give it a go? I'm really not sure of the best way to promote it, though.

    ReplyDelete