Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bullseye




Target has always been a featured budget buster in our house. In the month or so after Nolan was born, I found myself at Target just about every other day, aimlessly wandering the aisles, filling a cart, just to get myself out of the house.

Target isn't a money making place to shop, like CVS, but I have learned that on certain weeks, you can score great deals at this big box store!

Using coupons at Target is pretty simple. They will accept one manufacturer's coupon per item. They will also accept any matching Target coupons on top of your manufacturer coupons. For example, I could use a $0.75 newspaper coupon for granola bars AND a $0.50 Target printable for the same product and deduct $1.25 from the price. You can find and print Target coupons on their website.

I typically wait to print Target coupons until I see a sale that matches well with them, which saves a little ink. The exception to this is high value apparel coupons, which are worth printing and bringing with you when you shop, just in case you find a good sale. For example, a few weeks ago, I printed one Target coupon for $5 off any Merona bottom. When I got to the store later that morning, the entire woman's department was on super clearance, and all Merona summer bottoms, including shorts, skirts, and capris, were on sale for $5 or less. I used my one coupon and was able to get a free skirt. I went home, hoping to print more, but the coupon was off the site. Next time I see a similar coupon, I'll know to print a few right away.

To see full lists of coupon match ups for weekly Target ads, be sure to check out The Krazy Coupon Lady. I will periodically post Target deals that I plan to personally buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment