Friday, September 23, 2011

Birds of a Feather

I decided to make a stop at Whole Foods today, Living Social voucher and coupons in hand. Nolan and I were browsing the meat cooler, when a middle aged man parked his cart beside us. "Coupons, huh?" he asked. "I haven't seen anyone use those here."

I fully assumed that he was thinking something to the effect of, "What is she doing shopping here if she can't afford it?" when he continued, "Yeah, I used my coupons yesterday at Walmart. Man, I saved $300! I got this razor..."

Our conversation continued on for at least 15 minutes, and I learned all about his money saving ventures - how he price matches at Walmart every week and special orders coupons from Florida because they're higher value (he was particularly proud of $1 off bread coupons) and have later expiration dates (because old people take longer to get to the store, he claimed).

He was excited to learn about my Whole Foods printable coupons, and how I planned to stack them with manufacturer coupons to reduce prices.

I guess (couponing) birds of a feather really do flock together, even in the most unlikely of places! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment