Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekly Grocery Shopping - Thanksgiving Edition

Mondays are usually my grocery shopping days. I wait to see the Sunday inserts and grocery store ads before making my weekly menu and then grocery list.

This week, I needed to shop with Thanksgiving dinner in mind. I was lucky enough to have a lot of ingredients for the meal already in the house, like spices, baking supplies, and some fresh veggies. I was still fully expecting to completely bust my budget with this trip, though, so I was pretty pleased to actually see my final bill - $51.00 and a 34% savings - not terrible at all.

I was able to pick up weekly staples, like juice and milk, get ingredients for pre-Thanksgiving meals, everything I still needed for Thanksgiving (including a 12 pound turkey for just $4), and ingredients for post-Thanksgiving meals (I'll mention more about those in another post).

Here's a look at my purchases as well as my Thanksgiving Dinner Menu, complete with links to recipes.

Thanksgiving Menu 2011

Sweet Potato Casserole (no marshmallows here, think brown sugar, pecans, and spices - YUM!)
Stuffing
Cranberry Sauce
Green Bean Casserole (for me) some other form of Green Beans (for Alex)
Garlic Mashed Potatoes (no recipe - just boil potatoes, mash with milk, butter, and roasted garlic, etc.)
Gravy (version TBD)
Pecan Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment