Monday, November 14, 2011

71% Savings at Kroger - 11/14

Our cabinets and refrigerator are well stocked, so I knew this week's grocery shopping trip would be a small one, really only needing perishable items. I headed to Kroger to use my quarterly reward certificate and to take advantage of a General Mills promotion. Many General Mills products, including cereals and granola bars are on sale for $2.50/box, with a $3.00 instant savings when you buy four items. My plan was to combine this promotion with some coupons to get inexpensive Cascadian Farms granola and Nature Valley granola bars.

The total value of my purchase was $45.64. Using my store card, rewards certificate, and manufacturer coupons, I saved $32.44 and spent just $13.20, for a savings of 71%. Without my rewards certificate, I would have saved 41% - still not bad.


Here are the items I bought, with match ups of coupons used:
1 gallon of milk
1 rotisserie chicken (-$2 printable coupon, -$0.80 Kroger store coupon from rewards mailer)
2 boxes Cascadian Farms granola (-$1.00 off 2 peelie from box)
2 boxes Nature Valley granola bars (-$0.75 off 2 coupon from 10/2 Smart Source)
2 boxes Annie's Mac & Cheese (-$0.75 off 2 printable)
1 Kroger Dijon Mustard
1 heavy cream
1 can Kroger black beans
1 Martha White muffin mix (I know there were Martha White coupons in yesterday's paper, but I couldn't find mine)
1 bag Dole lettuce (FREE product coupon from contacting Dole about spoiled lettuce)
1 cucumber
1 red pepper
1 sweet potato (making baby food)
6 apples
3 bananas
1 pomegranate
green onions


Here are some coupon match ups for the General Mills promotion, in case you are interested in checking it out. Each product is on sale for $2.50. With the instant $3.00 savings when you buy four participating items (can mix and match), each product will be $1.75. You can add coupons for additional savings.

Honey Nut Cheerios - $0.50 printable (will double to $1.00)

General Mills Cereals - $1.00/2 printable 

Nature Valley Granola Thins - $0.50 printable (will double to $1.00)

Nature Valley Granola Bars - $0.75/2 manufacturer coupon (10/2 Smart Source)

Cascadian Farms - $0.75 coupons.com printable (if you printed before it ran out)


No comments:

Post a Comment