Friday, December 2, 2011

Rite Aid Trip - 12/2 - Junk Food Freebies

I'm not one to keep sweets in the house. I bake infrequently, and I usually don't buy candy. With Alex on a tough work rotation this month, though, we could both use a little reward by the end of the day. Plus, we have our first teenage babysitter coming tomorrow night (YAY YAY YAY - first date night since September!), and I remember how much I disliked sitting for families with empty cabinets. SO, when I saw an opportunity to score some free treats from Rite Aid, I jumped.

Through Saturday, Rite Aid is selling two bags of Hershey's or Reese's brand holiday candies for $5. I had a coupon for a November insert for $1 off any two bags of Hershey's or Reese's candies. I also had one Rite Aid Ad Perk coupon for $1 off two bags of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and one for $1 off two bags of Hershey's Kisses. This meant that I could get four bags for $7. For every two bags purchased, I would earn $2 in +Up Rewards, for a total of $4. I had a $7 +Up Reward from a previous purchase that I could use as payment, which meant I just had to pay sales tax for four bags of candy.

I decided to use the $4 reward from the candy to buy a few other snacks to have in the house. I picked up one box of popcorn (which came with a free Red Box code) for $2.50 and a Coke for Alex, which was $1.49. The problem was, this brought my total to $3.99. I needed at least $4 worth of products to be able to use my reward, so I searched the store for a cheap filler item.

I came across bags of Reese's Pieces, on sale for $0.59. Attached to each bag was a Rite Aid coupon for $0.50 off, making each bag just $0.09! I could have picked up just one bag to put me past the $4 mark, but I added a second because it seemed too good to pass up.



Including tax, I spent $1.01 for $20 worth of products, and I will be able to get a free rental from Red Box. Not bad.  Now, with a ridiculous amount of candy in the house, it's time to hide some of it away. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment