boneless, skinless chicken thighs
olive oil or vegetable oil
1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes with chilies
1/2 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
1/2 onion, chopped
1 Tbs honey
3/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
chopped peanuts (optional)
- Heat oil in frying pan. Brown chicken thighs, cooking a few minutes each side.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, honey, cumin, and cinnamon in slow cooker crock.
- Add chicken thighs to crock, cover with tomato mixture.
- Cook on low for ~ 8 hours.
- Before serving, stir in peanut butter.
- Serve with couscous, topping with cilantro and chopped peanuts (optional).
Reader Response: I like to keep certain foods, like different types of canned tomatoes, stocked in our pantry. Are there food items, that are used in lots of recipes, that you try to keep in the house?