Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas, Groupon!



When I logged onto Groupon yesterday, a nice Christmas surprise was waiting for me - a $10 credit to use on any Groupon Now deal.  For those of you who haven't used Groupon Now, it's part of the Groupon daily deal site, but it offers vouchers that must be used on the day of purchase.

THE FINE PRINT- the $10 credit needed to be redeemed that day (Thursday).

Well, I had already eaten lunch, and there were no dinner deals available in Durham. I searched for shopping or service deals, but none were worth while. I thought the credit would go to waste, when I realized that Groupon offers a limited number of Now deals that can be redeemed the day after purchase. I could use my credit before it expired, but use it to dine out the next day.

I "purchased" a voucher for lunch at Tomato Jake's Pizza in Durham, which gave me $10 (FREE) to spend between 11:00 am and 4:00 pm today (Friday). Alex ended up with the day off, so Groupon paid for the two of us to have lunch out in between last minute Christmas errands.

Over the past month or so, I've managed to snag $20 worth of Groupon lunch vouchers for a total of $1 using promotions and free credits.

Merry Christmas, and thanks, Groupon!

No comments:

Post a Comment