Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dealed Out

I'm in a deal seeking rut.

I'm getting a bit tired of coupon clipping, deal site checking, and thrifty spending. I've cut the Sunday paper from my weekly routine (well, minus the free one that shows up on my driveway), the coupons I have collected are piling up unclipped, and I've missed out on some pretty big money savers (I could have gotten $25 from American Express for shopping on Small Business Saturday?!). I'm losing steam.

The problem is, when I look at our budget spread sheet, I see the thousands of dollars we've saved since I began this venture less than five months ago. Yes, thousands.

That's significant.

Coupons and savvy shopping have helped us not only stay within budget as a single income family, but we're actually putting money away. When I stopped working, we really weren't expecting to be in this position. We'll be able to put money into savings, keep up contributions to our retirement accounts, and indulge in things like going out to eat, traveling, the iPhone Alex has been pining for since we moved to North Carolina. Yes, I think he's actually going to get one (those of you who have heard his iPhone saga know this is BIG news in our house).

I'm in a deal seeking rut, but I think I need to find a way to pull myself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment