Monday, January 16, 2012

Meal Plan Monday



It's looking like a strange dining week at our house. We're taking off on Saturday for a week of fun, sun, and family in Sanibel, Florida. I never like to buy too many groceries before leaving for a trip. Combine that with Alex working a few late shifts, and I think this week will be one of scraped together/fend for yourself meals.

Tonight, we ate left over Maggiano's take out from this weekend, which we bought using a gift card from a former student. I think it had been meant for a pre-baby date night. Oops.

As for the rest of the week, my meal plan looks a little something like this:

Teriyaki Chicken (from Pinterest)
Whatever I can pull together for myself while Alex is on call
Frozen Pizza (Friday night so we can pack and not cook)

BLAH!

I'm trying to think past this week of horrible eating, anticipating meals of fresh seafood and key lime pie!

Reader Response: 
Two questions for ya'll.
1) What's for dinner at your house this week?
2) One of my favorite things about traveling is eating out. No trip to the coast is complete for me without a crab cake sandwich and cup of some local seafood soup. Do you have a favorite culinary travel destination or a dish you can't miss when you travel to a certain area?

No comments:

Post a Comment