Thursday, January 5, 2012

Harris Teeter Super Doubles (+ Kroger) - Trip 2

Apparently, dogs need to eat every day, and it would seem, that with all my coupon planning, I failed to realize that we were out of food for Cooper. We fed him people food last night after discovering that there was no kibble atop the fridge. Mistake.

After waking up to a mess on the living room floor that told me just what Cooper's stomach thought of people food, I bundled up Nolan and headed out for dog food (Rachel Ray - that dog is a food snob). My floors, and Cooper, couldn't handle another people food meal.

Since I was out anyway, why not coupon??

My trip feels pretty brag worthy. I made stops at Harris Teeter and Kroger (across the street from each other), and between the stores, I spent $2.03 + tax for $37 worth of groceries, a 94.5% savings! Plus, I received catalina coupons for a free Poise product (not sure why that one printed), with a value up to $6.00, as well as one for $2.00 off coffee creamer, which will help me score one for free at a later time.



I bought...

Harris Teeter


3 Starkist Chunk Light Tuna Pouches - $1.00 (regularly $1.65)
- 3 $0.50 printables (click Hungry Girl Loves Pouch, scroll down to print coupon) x 2 = FREE

2 V8 Smoothies - $1.94
- 2 $1.00 printables x 2 = FREE

1 Muir Glen Tomato Paste (I stock up whenever I see this coupon) - $1.39
- $0.75 printable x 2 = FREE

1 Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Creamer - $2.65
- $1.00 printable (click Spread Some Holiday Cheer on left side of screen) x 2 

1 Silk Soy Milk - $2.89
- $1.00 printable (check second page) x 2 = $0.89

Total = $1.04 + tax

Kroger

4 Kashi Go Lean Cereals - on sale for $2.99 each
- 4 $2.00 off one recyclebank printable coupons (*see below for explanation of how to get coupons)
- $3.00 instant savings for buying 4 participating products
= $0.96 for four (~$0.25 per box)

1 box Fiber One bars - $2.89
- FREE product coupon (Kroger home mailer) = FREE

Total = $0.99 + tax

* Getting the Kashi coupons takes a little explaining, but it's not too difficult. If you haven't already done so, you'll need to set up two Recyclebank accounts (two e-mail addresses). You will need to earn points by completing quick tasks like quizzes (takes just a minute). Once you have earned 75 points, redeem them for a $2.00 off Kashi coupon (check the food and beverages tab). You print this coupon from home, and when you do so, hit the back browser arrow, which will allow you to print two coupons for your 75 points. Do the same thing from a second Recyclebank account. This will give you four coupons to use for the Kroger promo.


Share your shopping success by linking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment