Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Little Pintereality - Birthday Decoration Style

In three short weeks, my little love will be celebrating his FIRST birthday!

I've been spending hours on Pinterest, browsing for party ideas, making myself feel totally inadequate for my lack of craftiness and creativity.

I admit, I momentarily considered buying a decoration package from an Etsy shop - perfectly coordinated b-day banners, cupcake toppers, posters - you know, something that to my guests would appear homemade - but would lack the imperfections that my handiwork would be sure to leave behind.

Snapping out of my moment of crazy, I realized, he's turning one. ONE. It's very likely he won't remember the party when he wakes up the next morning. Why pay someone to make decorations? And why stress myself over creating a picture picture, themed day, when I know that's really not my forte. Create a fun day for the little man and put out a spread of great food - those are things I CAN do!

But...I'm not saying that I want the house to look same old, same old for N's big day. I do have a color scheme in mind (red, blue, and green)and a few decoration ideas that I think even I can handle (photo banner, printables).

Tonight's project was an attempt at recreating a printable I found on Pinterest, pictured below. The Pinterest link was broken, so I wasn't able to link to the original poster. Know that I DID NOT create this image.


At the bottom of the picture is a quote from the Dr. Seuss Happy Birthday To You! book.
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive you is you-er than you."
This became the inspiration for my own customized printable - below.


It's a work in progress, but I'm pretty happy with the results so far. I'd love to download some interesting fonts (free, of course) and play around with the layout and colors. If you know of a website with free fonts, send it my way!

Dr. Seuss sure was right, Nolan - no one is "you-er than you!" :)

2 comments: