Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Turning Deals Into Meals - Whole Wheat Waffles from The Baby Bistro



I probably shouldn't categorize this recipe under "deals." None of the ingredients involved were actually sale items, but for lack of a better place, here it is.

This was my second attempt at a Baby Bistro Cookbook recipe; this time Whole Wheat Waffles. I admit that I don't have much, or any, experience making my own whole wheat waffles. When the hubs and I normally fire up the waffle maker, it's for fatty, regular old waffles, drenched in syrup and frozen berries. Given that I don't have experience making the whole wheat version, I might be way off here, but the Baby Bistro recipe seems to be a bit lower in fat and sugar than a typical recipe.

The waffles were quick and easy to throw together, N seemed to enjoy them, and I was able to throw a few leftovers in the freezer to use another day.

The recipe follows.

Whole Wheat Waffles
Recipe from The Baby Bistro Cookbook

Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions:
  • In a large bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. 
  • Stir in eggs, milk, and oil until blended. 
  • Pour batter (~ 3/4 cup for regular size waffle maker) into hot waffle iron. Cook according to machine directions.


No comments:

Post a Comment