Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Meal Plan Monday (Tuesday...)



Thank goodness for last week's freezer cooking!

A cold knocked me out this weekend, and though I definitely appreciated the hubby's efforts to take care of dinners, my stomach couldn't handle another fast food meal (ok - I could have dealt with a few more Shamrock shakes).

Freezer meal to the rescue!

Before the hubs could hop in the car and head to Chick-fil-A or McDonalds, I pulled a bag of stuffed shells from the freezer, threw them in a pan, turned on the oven, and went back to the couch to cuddle up with my blanket and cup of tea.

The cold has been kicked, but meals this week are still going to be a bit off. The hubs has work/work events, and the boy and I are heading to Wisconsin later this week to visit my family. So, a day late, here's a look at an abbreviated weekly menu.

Sunday's Meal - Frozen Pizza in front of the tv - watching college basketball :)

Monday - Stuffed Pasta Shells from the freezer

Tuesday - Chicken Enchiladas using rotisserie chicken and enchilada sauce from the freezer (leftover from chicken enchilada soup). I'll freeze half.

Wednesday - Spaghetti - It would normally drive me crazy to eat similar tasting meals so close together (pasta shells), but I want to make sauce to freeze so that Alex has something to eat while we're out of town.

Thursday - Hubs at a work event - the babe and I will fend for ourselves and throw some kind of dinner together. I'd really love to grill. It's supposed to be 80 degrees and sunny in Durham.

Friday - Hubs working - see above :)

Saturday - off to Wisconsin to see the fam!!!

Reader Response: What's for dinner at your house this week? Do you have a favorite dinner solution for those days when, for one reason or another, you're just not up for cooking?

No comments:

Post a Comment