Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Alex, Nolan, and I spent our first Christmas as a little family right here in North Carolina. For some reason, as I'm sitting ready to type about it, though, my brain just can't focus on what it wants to write.

I could tell about being paged out of the Christmas Eve church service because Nolan was inconsolable for nearly 45 minutes (crying for momma they said), or about the much happier dinner that followed with friends.

I could tell about how full my heart felt this morning, as I watched Nolan crawl to investigate the gifts beneath the tree, or how much I enjoyed playing with toys, eating a special breakfast (creme brulee french toast - yum!), and taking a walk around the lake  with Nolan and Daddy (using Nolan's new bike from Grandma and Grandpa).

I could tell about Christmas dinner with our neighbors (who unexpectedly extended an invite earlier this week), and how, over delicious food and easy conversation, a new friendship grew.

I could tell you so many things about my first North Carolina Christmas and my first Christmas as a momma, but I'll simply say, Merry Christmas, Readers! I hope your Christmas was as special as ours!






No comments:

Post a Comment